Statement of the heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others

enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments... in this we make a difference!

Stampin' Up's! statement of the heart-



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Tuesday crafters!

Today was such a fun day.

There is a lot of excitement in the air from my nieces and nephews. School is starting next week and the Box Elder fair is this weekend. I remember those days of going back to school and the fair starting the weekend before. It was a time to dress up in our fancy new school clothes- we begged our parents to wear them for just one night, hoping that that would be the night when we saw our last year's crush and our new one. Meeting our friends at our favorite spot to watch other cliques walked by, especially the boy's! My family lived seven miles out of town. That may not seem very far away, but it was. Both of my parents worked full time jobs, so getting into town on a weekday was frustrating, especially when I would call my friends in town just to chat and they would be out with other friends- how dare they-I thought I was her best friend! :) The only days we could hang out was Friday nights and Saturdays. Sundays were reserved to be together at church and doing Sunday dinner's with extended family.

Yes, those were the days- when life was sooooo much easier and I didn't realize how hard it could really be! Jeeeeezzzzzzz! If I had known, I would have taken those days a little slower.

Anyways, this was my little "blast from the past" day. Jaecee, my seven year old niece, was showing me all of the contents in her new backpack. I looked at all those pencils and thought, "That's a lot of pencils and if her school days are anything like mine she will lose half of them in the first month!" So that's when the picture of the Mini Vintage Tags (118763 page 186) popped into my head. I knew exactly what to do with them. I have been waiting patiently for the perfect project I could use them on! So the cute little pencils were born! I spent most of the day helping her to make everyone of them-she wanted to do it by herself of course!

Hot glue a piece of ribbon to the pencil. Un-knot the thread to the vintage tags and put only one end of the thread behind the ribbon before you tie a knot. Then pull the tag up to the point of how far you want it to hang and re-tie the vintage thread knot. I used the classic ink that coordinates with the ribbon to stamp her initials on the tag. The stamp set I used is retired. I keep a few around for the kids to use so they won't use my current Stampin' Up! products.
Use the Calendar Alphabet and Numbers, it would be darling! (111610 page 162)

Well, I'll shut up now. :)

Happy Stampin'!

Dana-

No comments:

Post a Comment